Do you like camping? Does your family plan regular summer trips to favourite lakes or campsites? What would be your best camping memory or your preferred activity? There is something special about escaping to nature – its vastness, beauty and tranquility. Memories of campfires, s’mores, swimming, camp stoves, friends and family, board games, long walks and talks, fishing and other outdoor fun all seem to stay with us.
Our Children’s Ministry will be having “camp in Sunday School” for the summer. Our teaching material is called “Happy Campers- Spend Your Summer with God, " and our memory verse is found in Philippians 1:6,
“He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus”
We will be looking at how Jesus shared His life with the disciples on a great adventure and how we are invited to join as well. Some of the topics we will be looking at are:
- July 9th- “Catching Some Fish”- The Calling of the First Disciples
- July 16th- “Putting Up the Tent”- The Transfiguration
- July 23rd- “Setting Out Your Sleeping Bag”- Following Jesus
- July 30th- “Going on a Hike”- Jesus Sends out the Seventy-Two
- Aug. 6th- “Make S’Mores”-Jesus the Bread of life
- Aug. 13th- “Singing Camp Fire Songs”- The Triumphal Entry
- Aug. 20th- “Telling Camp Fire Stories”- Jesus is Alive
- Aug. 27th- “Keeping the Fire Going”- The Good News will never go out
We are looking forward to a great summer in Sunday school together!
Also, just a reminder that we have Forest Cliff coming the week of August 14th. This will be a high adventure camp right here on our church property. Our summer camp includes a rock climbing wall, inflatables, skate boarding, games, skits, crafts, snacks and more-all while sharing God’s love! Check out our website – spots are filling up so register your kids before it is too late!
Tanya Chant, Family & Children's Ministry